Poetic, passionate, gritty, dedicated and authentic!
These are the adjectives that are likely to flow to the forefront of your thoughts as you take in the sound of Radiator King, the band formed to fully express the music and talent of singer-songwriter and frontman of the band, Adam Silvestri, who is originally from Boston and now based in Brooklyn.
You’ll find this apt description of the sound of the band in the Bio on the band’s Web site:
Radiator King embodies the raw energy of punk, the grit and intricacy of delta blues, and the lyrical potency of folk in “songs that are the sonic equivalent to an old whiskey bar at the end of a dirt road.”
Lyrically and sonically, you’ll hear distinct influences of Bob Dylan and Bruce Springsteen, among others.
With his songs, though, no doubt as the result of being an avid reader, Adam demonstrates that he has the unique ability to provide listeners with a remarkable auditory experience, in that his songs are for your ears what a kaleidoscope is for your eyes – always changing and evolving and giving you an infinite number of possible interpretations as you listen again and again to each song.
In two recent shows on Alive with Clive, Radiator King represented by Adam performed these songs:
- “My Starving Arms” – about missing someone you want to be with;
- “Hardwired” – a love song imbued with influences of old American country blues;
- “Suicide Boats” – about taking responsibility for whatever happens in your life; and
- “When the Rockets Leave Me” – about moving on and being left behind.
- “Charlie” – a song about an end to an existing situation;
- “2nd Thoughts in Memphis” – thoughts while on the road away from home;
- “Guns You Pawned” – inspired by Adam’s visits to pawn shops; and
- “Christmas Eve” – about an unusual meeting that occurred during World War I.
Near the end of the 2nd Show, Adam also shared mental processes he has developed to stay empowered in the face of challenges.
Here are the links to the two shows featuring Radiator King represented by Adam Silvestri on Alive with Clive:
After you realize the depth of inspiring authenticity with which Adam has dedicated himself to his craft, you too are likely to find yourself becoming a fan and wanting to find out when and where you can hear Radiator King perform live in your neighborhood.
https://alivewithclive.tv – where today’s top singer-songwriters thrive!