Josh Ward Taylor’s interest in music was piqued by such music luminaries of his parent’s generation as Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen, Bob Marley and Led Zeppelin.
Born in Baltimore and raised in the Maryland suburbs, Josh began to play the guitar at the age of 12, started to sing when he was 15, and wrote his first song a year later.
He has been writing and independently releasing solo albums with songs that draw from traditional folk to modern blues since 2006.
His first album, Live at Eddie’s Attic, was recorded at the legendary listening room in Atlanta, Georgia.
From there, he moved to New York City, where he has performed at such premier venues for live music as The Bitter End and Rockwood Music Hall, and has released five more albums, including Carolina Trees in 2012 and Hummingbirds in 2017.
“When you yearn for thoughtfully-crafted songs about love and life to act as companions, to fill the silence and soothe, and provide nourishment for your soul, you most definitely must listen to the songs of Josh Ward Taylor!” ~ Clive Swersky, Host and Producer, Alive with Clive
In his 1st of 2 shows on Alive with Clive, Josh performed four songs from Hummingbirds.
In his 2nd show, the first two songs he performed are from Carolina Trees. The last two are brand new!
Here are the lists of the songs he performed:
- “Hummingbirds” is about a year-long relationship that ended as suddenly as two carefree hummingbirds disappear – going their separate ways after making a fleeting appearance;
- “I’ve Gone Away” is a soothing song with an underlying tinge of sadness about the legacy left by people who have either passed away or moved on from being in your life;
- “Sweet Freedom” is about meeting someone after a lonely phase who makes you feel alive again; and
- “Babe I Do Believe” is a spiritual song about realizing and recognizing that you’ve still got some good to do in the world.
“See, I got a light
In the 2nd Show:
- “Dancin’ on an Old Clown’s Floor” is a song about how environmental circumstances and differing beliefs make it impractical for a relationship to flourish;
- “I’ll Find My Home” is about staying true to the belief that you’re going to find someone to be with someday;
- “Young Hearts” is about reminiscing about a past relationship and imagining a “parallel plane” on which it still exists; and
- “Crazy Free” is about going deep into the seldom-traversed “jungle” within where you can be “crazy free” and discover pearls of wisdom for life.
“It’s in the wilds of the firefields of our hearts
As noted towards the end of the 2nd Show, Josh has leaned towards opting for power over force with his songs to allow his talent as a songwriter to emerge with captivating songwriting and melodies that cause listeners to pay attention to the lyrics he is singing.
In addition, from his two newest songs, “Young Hearts” and “Crazy Free,” it is evident that Josh is tapping into a mine of gold within himself to take his songwriting — and the craft of songwriting itself — to a whole new level!
You are therefore definitely going to enjoy the 1st Show and the 2nd Show featuring Josh Ward Taylor on Alive with Clive!
http://alivewithclive.tv – where today’s top singer-songwriters thrive!
DID YOU KNOW YOU CAN HAVE FUN AND WIN PRIZES IN THESE TWO CONTESTS?