For a recent show singer-songwriter Charlotte Morris was about to perform, she found herself with a pen but no paper in hand on which to write her set list of songs for the show.
To improvise, as you see in this picture she posted under her name, @charmor17, on Instagram, she used the next best surface at hand to write down that list — her wrist.
Since the list was not a tattoo, the ink on her wrist has been washed away by now.
Unlike the list on her wrist, however, the impression Charlotte makes when she performs cannot be washed away.
Just like a tattoo, it is permanent and indelible, because it is so awe-inspiring!
Not one to resort to obscure poetic imagery to leave you in a quandary about the meaning or message she is conveying in her songs, Charlotte instead chooses her lyrics with unrestrained specificity.
In combination with heartwarming enchanting melodies to match, all you can do is surrender and say to yourself . . .
|“Yes, Charlotte, you’ve got all of my attention. |
I have to hear every song you sing from now on.
I’m a fan of yours for life!”
Charlotte is originally from outside of Philadelphia and is now based in New York City.
In the process of become acclimatized to the demands and rigors of New York City after college, she found herself shifting her focus from theater to singing and songwriting to give a voice to sentiments she felt a yearning to express.
Her songs, mostly autobiographical, reveal a unique blend of folk, pop and rock music — with lilting folk ballads to rock anthems for a new generation.
Charlotte draws inspiration from many of her favorite artists including Delta Rae, Brandi Carlile, and Christina Perri, as well as folk legends like Peter, Paul and Mary and Simon & Garfunkel.
She’s been described as “the love-child of Judy Collins, deftly playing her violin, guitar and our heartstrings.”
When not writing and releasing music, Charlotte performs in theatrical productions across the country.
She is, furthermore, creating a tour, known as The Detour 2019, with several performances – all of which are not exactly – en route to and from Texas, before and after her performance in a theatrical production there from the middle of April until the early part of June.
Charlotte released her highly-acclaimed debut EP, To New York, With Love with five songs including “City That Never Sleeps” and “Give Love a Try” in June of 2018, and her latest single, “High,” on November 1, 2018.
She has also recently written and begun to release several new songs.
During her two shows on Alive with Clive, she performed five of her newest songs.
Here are the lists of the songs Charlotte performed in her two shows on Alive with Clive:
- “City That Never Sleeps”
- “Worth It”
- “If Only I”
- “Not Going Away”
- “Give Love a Try”
In the 1st Show:
- “City That Never Sleeps” is a song about falling in love with New York City through overcoming challenges it provides and growing stronger in the process;
- “Pray” inspires us to have faith that we will fulfill our dreams as long as we continue to believe that they will ultimately be realized, even though we may have taken wrong turns or experienced setbacks in the past;
- “Shine” reminds us that although each one of us might seem to be only a small part of the universe, we nevertheless have the power to enroll others to take a stand for what we believe, make a difference, and “Shine”; and
- “Worth It” is a song about taking stock of all the sacrifices that need to be made to pursue your dreams, and concluding that you’re and it’s “Worth It.”
“It’s a topsy-turvy feeling in the City
In the 2nd Show:
- “High” gives you a sense of the experience of spending a three-day weekend in bed with someone you love in the middle of winter;
- “If Only I” is a song of self reflection — about becoming aware of qualities you want to develop in yourself for your life, and about not being swayed by the meritless opinions of others;
- “Not Going Away” is an expression of an unwavering commitment to ensure our political leaders are compassionate, adhere to principles of fairness and justice, and abide by the rule of law; and
- “Give Love a Try” is, in the spirit of John Lennon’s song, “Imagine,” a call for us to settle our divisive differences through the power of love for one another.
It will most definitely be “Worth It” to invest the time to discover, connect with and be inspired by Charlotte Morris at one of the shows on her upcoming Detour.
For the list of shows on that tour, and to possibly even create one when where you are, connect with Charlotte on Instagram at @charmor17.
https://alivewithclive.tv — where today’s top singer-songwriters thrive!
P.S. You will also want to read the post about Charlotte’s song, “We Will Rise,” to inspire the world in the fight to overcome the coronavirus. To see it, click here.
DID YOU KNOW YOU CAN HAVE FUN AND WIN PRIZES IN THESE TWO CONTESTS?